Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we change default "Anyone allowed on the customer access settings"?

Diego Fabregat November 30, 2022

Hi,

We are setting up a Jira Service Management environment and noticed that, by default, all customers (portal users) are automatically added to each new project we create. We know that we can change this behavior right away in "Project settings -> Customer permissions -> Service project access", by setting "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" instead of "Anyone allowed on the customer access settings".

However, we find the current default risky in the sense that one may forget to change that setting when creating a project and leaving it open to everyone in the portal. Thus, my question is whether we can set "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins" to be the default when creating a new project.

Any help really appreciated.

Best,

Diego

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

@Diego Fabregat Welcome to the Atlassian community

There is no configuration option to make this setting your default.  You will need to change it when each project is created.  You can vote for a feature request asking for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10188 

Diego Fabregat December 1, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder thanks for your reply.

This seems to be related to this other issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8672, which, in my opinion, is more accurately reported as "Bug". Having such a default is really a bad design / bug.

Interestingly enough, this seems to be different in the data center version, where, according to a colleague, the default is the equivalent to "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins". Maybe someone decided to change it for the cloud version.

In any case, in this bug report I'm linking above, the reporter says it is an issue only in the Free Plan, but not, for instance, in the Standard Plan (see Issue Summary), while in an old comment (2020), another user observes this issue also in the Standard Plan. Can anyone confirm the actual situation for the Standard Plan? Otherwise, I'll go start the free trial of the Standard Plan (I planned to do it later, but well...)

Thanks again!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2022

@Diego Fabregat I can confirm that default you are seeing is the same for all plans in cloud.

Like Diego Fabregat likes this
Diego Fabregat December 4, 2022

Alright. Thanks a lot for your answers :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events