How can i get access to Jira service management and it's projects with a license of Jira software.

Ziyad Rahman February 22, 2021

My Colleague has been trying to add me to a ITSM project created by him using JSM but i don't have either access or the option to try JSM for free.

He tired inviting me to the project as well but not invite or email has been received and even after trying to accessing the project I am getting error message.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

What type of access? If you will be assigned issues then you will be an Agent and your colleague should click on the “invite team” link in the sidebar. If you simply need to view and maybe comment on issues then you need to be given Browse and Comment permissions under project settings.

Hi @Jack Brickey 

My colleague has given me Admin role to the project he created with JSM of ITSM template but still I didn't get access or email. This is the screenshot of the project link.

image (2).png

Can this issue be because I don't have JSM activated?

He invited me by going into role and under page setting.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Please check admin > user management and show details for your user account. Is JSM product enabled for you? If so go to the project and verify you exist under project settings > people. What role is listed there for you?

Like Ziyad Rahman likes this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2021

Hi @Ziyad Rahman 

If you have admin role for the project, you should be able to access & view the project. 

Can you ask your colleague  to check the following 

- https://<your domain>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<project key>/people 

check if your name has the Admin option selected as below 

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 5.56.47 PM.png

Greeting Mr. @Ajay _view26_ 

I have tried accessing the URL as mentioned above with my domain name and project key but i get the following error message, even though my colleague has granted me Admin access to it.

I will need to check if I have access to JSM subscription first.

Thanks

SC project not found.png

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2021

@Ziyad Rahman 

Yup .. seems like you have issue with permission. Kindly check with your colleague.

Cheers

Ajay 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events