Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a knowledge base article display all tickets from the customer's organizations

Ken R November 17, 2020

I'm trying to create a knowledge base article to allow for a customer to view all the tickets associated with their organizations similar to that which is displayed from the request popup menu in the header.

The URL from that is of the form .../servicedesk/customer/user/requests?page=1&reporter=all&status=open but I haven't been able to translate that into a query for a JIRA issue/filter.

Any assistance appreciated

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Ken,

The Jira service desk already provides a way for customers to view their organizations issues.  If you setup an organization in the service desk and add individuals to that organization and add that organization to their issues, they will be able to see those issues in the portal.

I would suggest doing the following:

Ken R November 18, 2020

Hi Brant,

Thanks for the response.

I have already added the organization to the project, customer and issues. Since I can view it through the request popup menu in the header, I assume I've done that correctly.

However using that access point does not meet our requirements, hence the question of how to translate that into a query for a JIRA issue/filter that can be included in content (and hence extended/customised further).

I can build a query for a JIRA issue/filter that works fine for agents, but totally fails for customers. It is specifically how to address that (or confirmation that it is impossible) that I am seeking.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Sorry I started off my response telling you it can not be done and then stopped thinking that the answer I provided would be better.   When a customer accesses Confluence through Jira Service Desks the service desk uses is own authentication to access the site.  The credentials it is using do not have access to review the service desk issues so it will not return issues in your query because it does not have access to them.

Ken R November 18, 2020

Many thanks for the clarification

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events