Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a customer unshare an issue from the portal?

David
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2021

I'm testing our new help desk project. As a customer in the portal, I can share the issue with my organization or a user within the organization. However, I don't see a way to unshare.

Is this an option that I am not seeing?

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

@David 

If you are part of an organization, when you create a Jira item through the customer portal, you have the option to "Share with an organization" or "Open request privately". The second option indicates that only you and future users with whom you manually share this will be able to see the Issue.

The only way to remove sharing with the organization is through Jira's internal screen, not through the customer portal.

For that, you must go to the project settings > Screens > Select the issuetype where the request type is mapped > Go to Edit and View screens > Add the field "Organizations".

When by mistake or by request the customer no longer wants to share that item with their organization, just click on the Organization field and remove the value filled in there.

But as stated, this is a change option that can only be done internally in JIRA.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events