Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync the linked US status to epic status?

ANISH TANEJA December 22, 2022

So, the case is I have a US linked to an epic. That epic has 10 US under it and I have an automation rule that when any US under the epic status is changed from 'To Do' to 'In Progress', then the epic status gets changed to 'In Progress' via automation rule.

Now, I want that whatever status the epic has (due to the automation rule above), the linked US should have the same status.

I am unable to do so. Please help.
Happy Holidays
Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2022

Hello @ANISH TANEJA 

Whenever asking for help with an automation rule it is very helpful to us if you 

1. Show use the entire rule that you have so far.

2. Point out exactly where you are having difficulty figuring out what to do.

If the rule is executing and not producing the results you want, then we also need you to provide us with a copy of the Audit Log for when the rule executed.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2022

If your rule that is supposed to execute when the Epic status changes is not executing because the Epic status is being changed by another rule, the solution is simple.

On the Rule Details screen there is an option to allow actions taken by other rules to trigger the rule. By default this is turned off. Turn it on.

Like ANISH TANEJA likes this
ANISH TANEJA December 23, 2022

Thank you @Trudy Claspill This worked!!

0 votes
MyMileStoneCard Login
Banned
December 23, 2022

You can link to this way. First of all select All transitions of the closed Status. Click Post Functions, then Add post function. Select Update Issue Custom Field and press Add. Select the Epic Status from the Issue Custom Field dropdown. Add the Custom Field Value. In our example, this Value should be Done. Click Add.  Manage My Health Login

ANISH TANEJA December 23, 2022

Hello,
I am looking at transitioning of any Status, and not just Closed Status.
The reason I am unable to do is because the epic status is being changed via another automation rule.

Because of this, the other rule is unable to kick in

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events