Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share and manage customers across projects?

Nick Wheeler April 5, 2021

My organization has two JSM projects. Right now, each project seems to have its own unique set of customers and organizations. This has become a serious pain point in using JSM; ideally, we'd like to be able to do two things:

1. Manage just one set of customers and organizations, shared across all JSM projects (so that, e.g., the "Organizations" and "Approvers" fields in the issue screens search the same set of contacts regardless of what project I'm in); and

2. Maintain those customers and organizations in one centralized location within Jira.

From what I'm seeing, this just isn't possible. What have I missed?

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hello Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Service Management projects there are two main permissions: “Customers added by agents and admins” and “Anyone with an account on”.

When selecting the first option, customers will have to be added manually to the project and they will have permission only on projects they were added.

The second option means that anyone on the site will be able to access that project in the customer portal and it doesn’t include only Customers, but also internal users from Jira Software and Confluence.

In case you don’t want to open your project to everyone on the site, you can only add customers to an organization and add the same organization on both projects.

The customer organizations can only be managed directly in the project, there are no other menus where you can access them.

Customers need to be invited in the project, but to delete their account and also manage their names and passwords, you can go to Cog icon > User management > Jira Service Management. There will be a list of all customers from the site.

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events