How can I send an email every 24 hours to a client external to Jira

marco espinoza January 22, 2021

How can I send an email every 24 hours to a client external to Jira, with a field called "Customer Email" and also that it depends on an "Attachment Field" and that it does not have an attachment?

3 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2021

We support this in Notification Assistant for Jira

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2021

If you want to send to individuals that do not have access to your Jira (non-users) then you should use Automation.

Trigger - scheduled rule to run daily

Conditions - what ever meets your needs

Action - send email

It is pretty straightforward to do but if you have questions when setting this up just let us know. Glad to assist. Below is a link to some Automation documentation that might help.

automation-triggers 

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @marco espinoza ,

Example : project = xyz and  customer email = ABCD  and attachments is EMPTY 

current I'm using Jira server. there is subscription is enabled only for self / groups. 

I'm assuming the same kind of structure will be there in JSM filter subscription. If Yes

then create a group with that external users.

image.pngNote : The arrow marked is an example group 

If the user is not available in Jira , You can try by using automation for Jira.

Hoping this may helps you a bit.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events