Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I pull Reporters details into a view

Chris Miros December 15, 2022

I have a filter which allows me to report on the tickets raised, one of the items in there is the Reporter of the JIRA item, each Reporter is a Jira user, and the Jira Users are pull from our GSuite. in JIRA the profile data held includes DEPARTMENT, how can i get the Reporting users Department to appear in the filter?

1 answer

0 votes
Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Chris Miros 

Right now you can't. Filters in Jira and JSM can't access the information about the "Jira user" associated with the reporter.

What you could do, if you have Assets, is to create an object for each Jira user.

This object could contain information like department and one of the attribute of the object should be the Jira user associated.

To import users in Assets, you'll need a CSV or JSON file of an export of your Active Directory.

Without that, you can't access details about the reporter.

Hope this helps

Have a nice day

Frederic Chartrand

FMX Solutions - Gold Solution Partner

OK, thanks for the help - you say right now, is that likely to change at all?

Frederic Chartrand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

I have no clue unfortunately.

I didn't find an open ticket at Atlassian for this feature.

And since a lot of people use Assets and your users need to be an asset to link them to, let's say, a computer, I'm not sure if this functionality will be implemented.

we have a connector with Snipe that pulls the asset data into JIRA, but i don't see anyway of getting the asset data that that connector pulls into the filter list

its seems odd, as when i click on the reporter in the filter view, i immediatley get shown the user profile and department details, so the link is there

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Chris Miros,

I am Marlene from codefortyine. I just came across your post. 

Are you working with the Marketplace app Snipe-IT for Jira? If yes, you might want to get in touch with our support. Perhaps they can help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events