Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent Jira from saving customer emails?

felicia_wilkes December 10, 2020

I have a project that receives only email service tickets. The Jira email address is generated by a second email box that is outside of Jira that are customers email to. They are unaware of Jira. The email box that the customer email is set to forward to the Jira email box. Since we do not want our customers involved with the Jira process I would like to know how to keep Jira from collecting the customer's email address.   

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hi Felicia,

the "collecting" is based deep "down in the code" - as this is considered a core function (99% of users/customers do it the other way around, probably).

What you could you is to "overwrite" (by means of: updating) the reporter and/or any other field you see the need to be adjusted for your use case.

Automation comes for free together with your subscription to Jira Service Management, so you could give it a try:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders