How can I give my customers access to JSM?

David Ghoussoub September 8, 2021

Is it possible to give my customers access to JSM without having to create a JIRA account for them? If the JIRA account is a must how does it impact my billing user count?

3 answers

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2022

Hi @David Ghoussoub ,

You don't need to pay for external customers in JSM, you only pay for agents (these are your employees in your organizations who reply to tickets.)

If your case is to allow external customers to see all the tickets in thу project, it's not possible to implement in JSM, because it's designed as a helpdesk (private communication with an agent).

If it's your case, you can try the Customer Case for Jira app. You can create a public forum (when all external customers can see the list of all issues), and even restrict it for specific emails or domains, and a private one (when customers communicate with a support assistant privately).

There are also no limits for agents and customers.

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021

Hello @David Ghoussoub 

The short answer is that you need to add them with customers accounts to keep the invoice without impact and without them being able to see everything.

Check out the following knowledge base. This should cover your question in more detail.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-and-remove-customers/

David Ghoussoub September 8, 2021

Thanks Hernan for your prompt reply. The issue I faced is that the user I added to the portal never received the enrollment email. I had to to go to the JIRA admin and set the password manually for that user.

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2021

Any chance that the notifications are disabled for that project or the outgoing mail isn't enabled at all? 

First option is within the project settings on the Customer Notification section

Selection_293.pngSecond option is one of the main settings within the System settings that you can set as administrator

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

What type of access are you trying to allocate to your customers? And, why? What problem are you trying to solve?

There are two types of access for JSM; customer access and agent access.

Customer access is limited to the JSM portal, to "public" information in the JSM issues, and for an individual customer to the issues they created or that were shared with them by adding them to the Participants list individually or sharing the issue with their Organization.

Customer access does not affect billing and does not require the user to have a JSM license.

Agent access gives the individual access to all the data in the JSM issues with the ability to view that data through the JSM agent portal (with queues and JSM reports) or through the general issue browsing options.

Agent access does affect billing and does require that the user have a JSM license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events