Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete a service desk

Julio Valdez August 21, 2014

Hi,

I add the service desk add-on and created a coupld of 'service desks'. How can I delete one of them?

Thanks in advance.

6 answers

1 vote
Daniel Puyau May 19, 2015

I too had this problem but found this - 

To disable a service desk for a project

• Go to the administration of the project for which the service desk is associated
  • Go to Service Desk in the left hand menu
  • Click Disable to disable the service desk

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SDKB/How+to+remove+or+disable+a+Service+Desk

Julissa Mendoza July 2, 2015

That´s correct answer...Thanks!

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

I think there is no "Delete" option now. You will have to disable the service desk from the project administration screen.

Julio Valdez August 21, 2014

I see. So when I added 'service desk' to Jira and created two "service desk' they stay permanent? I want to delete one fo the two. Hopefully I'm asking the question correctly.

Thanks again.

Anund
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2014

Projects can be deleted. Deleting the project will delete the service desk.

If you do not want to delete a project and all data that is associate with that project you can disable the service desk in project administration as Jobin mentions.

Neets November 19, 2014

Thanks Anund. Your answer worked for me.

Roman Fordinal February 4, 2015

btw: so when service desk does not have project, then can't be removed?

Sverre Moe February 19, 2015

This needs to be fixed in Service Desk. We have service desk that we need to delete. These are service desks with no affilliated projects.

IT Manager March 12, 2015

Same problem here, service desk without any project associated and unable to delete. Please fix this it's a basic operation and no sense not having this feature enable.

0 votes
Frode Woldsund November 2, 2015

Hi Guys, This has been fixed in Service desk version 3:

1. Go to your Service desk project
  2. Click on the "Project Administration" in the bottom left corner
  3. Click on "Summary" in the left menu
  4. Click on "Actions" in the right upper dropdown menu and select Delete Project

Tested for JIRA Service Desk (3.1.0-OD-03-003-D20151028T104034)

0 votes
Odwin Rensen June 12, 2015

When you have followed the steps Daniël mentioned, you can then delete the project itself and all is gone.

Neets June 12, 2015

Nope. You can disable it but not delete it.

Odwin Rensen June 12, 2015

euhh well I disabled the servicedesk and then deleted the project so it is gone, sure you can enable one on another project.

0 votes
Michael Worobcuk April 27, 2015

Same for me.

0 votes
Simon Bauer April 1, 2015

I hope this will push the thread.

We too have Service Desks which are not associated to any projects. How do I delete them?

Kind regards, Simon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events