Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure Opsgenie to create JSM issues automatically when alerts are received?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Assume I have set up a new JSM site and Opsgenie is included.

I have not been able to find a way to have alerts trigger issue creation in JSM.

I can't find any documentation on doing so.

How does one go from an alert to a Jira issue, ideally automatically?  If not automatically then how?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

HI @Tansu Akdeniz  - isn't Opsgenie already integrated by definition?  You create a new ITSM project and as soon as you click something like Alerts Opsgenie opens. 

But lets say I still need to do this.  OK. I get to step 2: Go to Opsgenie Jira Integration page.

And it fails completely.  I'm the site and org admin.  How could i be lacking permission?

Capture 2021-04-16 at 9.25.29.png

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2021

I have created a support ticket with Atlassian, and hope to hear back soon.

Like Ron Mizoshiri likes this
Ron Mizoshiri June 9, 2022

I am trying to create a Jira issue from certain OpsGenie alerts. I have Jira Cloud and have OG integrated. I do not want to create an OG Incident which is pretty straightforward but to create a Jira SM Incident ticket. Any answers?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events