Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automatically set Support Team when creating ticket via Customer Portal

Leigh Elliott May 18, 2022

Hi,

We are setting up JSM and are about to take it live next month.  At the moment all tickets that are created via the Customer Portal are being logged and appear in the "All Open Tickets" queue by default.  We have a number of other IT support teams who have specific request types and I would like to be able to setup request types in the customer portal for these team so that if a user selects and fills in these request type forms the "Support Team" field is auto populated to the team that this request type needs to be routed.

Is there a way in the request type builder to set default values for fields on issue/ticket creation?  For example, setting the "Support team" to "Business Systems" so that the tickets appears in the "Business Systems" queue on ticket creation automatically.

I've played around in the request type configuration but its not clear whether this is possible and if so where to configure it.

Any advice or pointers would be really great, thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Leigh Elliott May 18, 2022

Worked it out.  Needed to add a new field and then set it to hidden.  Once set to hidden I could set its default value.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events