Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I automatically set Support Team when creating ticket via Customer Portal

Hi,

We are setting up JSM and are about to take it live next month.  At the moment all tickets that are created via the Customer Portal are being logged and appear in the "All Open Tickets" queue by default.  We have a number of other IT support teams who have specific request types and I would like to be able to setup request types in the customer portal for these team so that if a user selects and fills in these request type forms the "Support Team" field is auto populated to the team that this request type needs to be routed.

Is there a way in the request type builder to set default values for fields on issue/ticket creation?  For example, setting the "Support team" to "Business Systems" so that the tickets appears in the "Business Systems" queue on ticket creation automatically.

I've played around in the request type configuration but its not clear whether this is possible and if so where to configure it.

Any advice or pointers would be really great, thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Worked it out.  Needed to add a new field and then set it to hidden.  Once set to hidden I could set its default value.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

304 views 0 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you