Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automatically priorities incoming Mails?

Björm Blocksdorf May 21, 2021

Hey guys,

We always get a bunch of mails (creating Tickets) in our board. We want to prioritze incoming Mails for example through string-matching. So we would match the string in the body of the mail with our custom priority field (high, medium, low) and that will automatically create the priority field in the ticket. 

Is there any way to solve that issue? Thanks so much for every tip. 

1 answer

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hi, @Björm Blocksdorf - welcome to the community!

It's definitely possible to do this; you'll want to set up an automation rule that runs on ticket creation. You'd use a field matching condition with either a regular expression (for pattern matching) or just text contents (if you're looking for a specific string). The rule action would then set the Priority field of the ticket.

You'd need multiple conditions and actions, depending on how many possible combinations of string and priority you have.

The rule structure would look something like this (only two sets).

2021-05-21 12_35_17-Project automation - Jira Staging - Vivaldi.png

The condition setup looks like this:
2021-05-21 12_35_31-Project automation - Jira Staging - Vivaldi.png

And the action like this:
2021-05-21 12_35_50-Project automation - Jira Staging - Vivaldi.png

Björm Blocksdorf May 26, 2021

Good morning @Esther Strom  thank you so much for your tip it worked out for me. I appreciate your help. 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

@Björm Blocksdorf - I'm glad it helped. Would you mind marking the answer as accepted to make it easier for other users to find when searching on the same question?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events