Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I automate the change of the customer email?

matt August 25, 2020

Hi everyone, thanks in advance!

We receive customer support questions for our apps through email, and most of the time there's no issue. However, our apps are listed on the Shopify marketplace, and we get direct requests from noreply@shopify.com.

The actually message has the customer's email in included, and have been taking the following steps:

1. Copy client email from message
2. Open Jira service desk task in portal
3. Add client email to the 'shared with' section

This then loops the client in on all comms going forward.

Does anyone know of a way to simplify this process, or automate it? What info would be required for me to give my developers enough data to work on parsing it?

Cheers!

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2020

Hello Matt, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When customers send requests, the tickets are created with noreply@shopify.com as the reporter, please correct me if I'm wrong.

When the email is sent, are customers being added to Cc?

If they do, they can be added as participants of the ticket (Shared with), but the project must be open and allow customers to create their own accounts.

To make sure everyone added to the email will be added to the ticket, it's necessary to change the following settings:

Go to Project settings > Channels > Customer permissions (next-gen) or Project settings > Customer permissions (classic) and let the project open to anyone with an account. Also, select the option "Who can customers share requests with?" to "Any customer or organization, by searching this project. This option allows them to search all customers in the current project." > Save.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 13.47.48.png

After that, you can click on "Change the global settings" or go to Cog icon > Products > Under Jira Service Desk, click on Configuration.

On this page, you need to change "Can customers create their own accounts?" to "Yes, by signing up or sending a request".

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 14.10.14.png

After that, if a customer adds someone on the Cc, the ticket will be created and everyone will receive a notification.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events