Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the "Start Date" field in my List view option?

hanna.alejandro April 19, 2021

How can I add the "Start Date" field in my List view option?

2 answers

1 accepted

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Hello!

For everyone who gets to this thread, the "Start date" field was properly added to the list view of work management/business projects. Just go to a business project > List and select the field in the drop-down list:

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 12.19.43.png

On that same note, there's still a limited number of fields available in the list view of Work management projects (Business). There's a feature request created to consider the availability of any fields in the future:

Business List view must include more fields

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can use the Issue navigator to customize the fields/columns displayed on the view:

Configure the default issue navigator 

Thanks!

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hi @hanna.alejandro and welcome to the community!

Looking at how you defined this question it's under the Service Management topic, could this be a Core/Jira Work Management/Business project?

It at least looks like the new Jira Work Management list view and they are still working on adding features to that. I believe the Start date was one of that.

@John Funk do you remember?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

This definitely looks like the new Work Management list screen. 

Not all custom field types are included yet for the adding to the List view. It might be no Date type custom fields are available. I tried adding one on my project and didn't see it in the dropdown either. 

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
hanna.alejandro April 20, 2021

Cool! thanks for letting me know. Will this be deployed anytime soon since it's part of the roadmap already? Would love to know if you can share; this will be very helpful for managing the expectations of my stakeholders. Thank you!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Yes, it is in there roadmap, but they are concentrating on rolling out the new product to everyone so changes like this will need to wait. I have no idea about a timeline. 

Like hanna.alejandro likes this
hanna.alejandro April 21, 2021

Thanks so much for your prompt responses! :) Really appreciated it.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events