Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add the 'Work Description' field to my ALL OPEN queue

Courtney Watts May 2, 2021

How can I add the 'Work Description' filed to my ALL OPEN queue or any queue for that matter.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2021

Hello @Courtney Watts,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On a Jira Service Management queue, it’s possible to edit the queues and add more fields. Go to All Open queue and click on … > Edit queue. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 16.56.10.png

Then, under Columns, you can search for the field. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 16.57.14.png

If you are facing issues adding the field, can you please let us know more details about this field? Was it created by you? If so, what is the type of the “Work description” custom field? Then, we can test here using the same options.

Kind regards,
Angélica

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Hey Angélica,

I think it is the field recording information when you log time. So you can log time on an issue and put in a description about it. Since this is in a one to many table for the issue, I do not think the field is available to put in a Queue or a add as a column to a Filter. I view it being like the Comments "field" where there can be many comments against an issue and therefore is not a column you can add to a filter. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Courtney Watts May 4, 2021

Hi John,

Yes that was the field I am after. Can you point me in the direction where I can run a report that shows that field?

If that is not available can the last 'internal comment' be added as a column . I just want to be able to see a summary of the task on the queue screen rather than have to open the ticket to see its latest status.

Thanks.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

To be honest, I am not real sure. It might take using an add-on for the report. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Thank you @John Funk. I didn’t find the field while testing, so I thought it was another custom field.

The Work Description of the Time tracking feature is not a custom field that can be searched, so it’s not possible to add on the queue as well.

@Courtney Watts, if you need to add only the last comment of the Work description, I found a workaround that may help you. 

First, you need to create a custom field, I tested here with “Text field (Read-only)” and then add the field to the necessary screens.

Also, go to the queue and add the new field you created.

After that, go to Project settings > Automation > Automation > Create rule. You can create like the one below:

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 09.51.33.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 09.51.52.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 09.52.06.png

Note that, every time someone adds a Work description, the previous value will be overwritten.

Here is a video of what the automation above does:

Hope this helps!

Like John Funk likes this
Courtney Watts May 5, 2021

This was great and worked for the worklog information.

Would you know if it can be done the the latest Internal Note on the ticket and if so what the tag would be.

Thanks Again

Courtney

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2021

Hi @Courtney Watts,

It’s possible to use Automation for that as well.

The rule would be the one below:

When: Issue commented

If: matches - Advanced compare condition - {{comment.internal}} equals true

Then: Edit issue fields - {{comment.body}}

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.30.53.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.31.07.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.33.43.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 11.33.57.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events