How can I add "Project Name" as a mandatory field on a Request type form.

Vikrant Jain February 20, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create your service desk request types

How can I add a field named "Project Name" as a mandatory field on a Request type?  

I need my customer portal to be common across several projects, but in most of the request type forms, customer should be able to select one of the Projects he has access to.

1 answer

2 votes
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Assuming you have serveral customer portals and assuimg you have a custom field of type i.e select list named "Project Name" you can add this field to the projects create screen and the request types field configuration. After this you can check the required checkbox beneath the field name

Cheers, 

Julian

Vikrant Jain February 20, 2017

Thanks Julian.  But I was referring to the "JIRA Project Name" list for the JIRA projects that i am administering; not a separate list of Project Names... is there a way to add that somehow?  Second, ability for a customer who is authorized for a particular sub-set of those JIRA projects, to only see those in the drop down when he goes to create a Service request of a certain type.

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events