Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add customers to my service desk

James Harbinson April 28, 2021

I want to manually add all users in AAD as SSO users in Service desk. How can I do this without adding additional cost to confluence? 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Hello @James Harbinson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I see that you added “Customers” on the summary of the question and said “Users” on the question, so I would like you to clarify if you are talking about customers or internal licensed users.

Customers don’t count as a license in Service Management and they can also see Confluence articles in the customer portal without a license (they can see only articles from Spaces linked to the Jira project).

Also, SSO is not available for Customers, there is a feature request suggesting this improvement:

In case you are talking about internal licensed users, to add them without them being automatically added to Confluence, you need to disable the “Product access”.

Go to Cog icon > User management > Product access.

On this page, you can disable the products for new users, so they won’t be automatically added to Jira or Confluence and then, you can manually add them to the desired groups to give them the necessary permissions.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events