Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How are "Related Knowledge Base" articles selected when a ticket is raised?

Hello,

We have just come across a ticket, where the word Dishonor was in the Summary, and there are documents in the KB that have the Dishonor tag, and yet 3 non-related articles turned up and the one we knew was there didn't?

How does Service Desk make that list?

Thanks

mark

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Jan 14, 2021

Hi Mark, I will share what I know and observed. Please note that I am on Cloud so my world is different but hopefully some of it applies.

• the suggestions are using key words and my experience is to place these key words in the title as that has provided me with the best results. So breaking up big KB into smaller bits is often best. 
  • the results only offer three hits which is unfortunate
  • in cloud you can control article suggestions by categories which helps I think - how-do-you-automatically-present-articles-to-customers-in-a-request . Note i did a quick look in the server docs but did not see this option.

wish I could provide you something more definitive.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Security Advisory for Jira Service Management

On October 20, 2021, Atlassian published a security advisory for Jira Service Management. The full advisory is available at this link.  We've seen a number of questions already asking for...

307 views 1 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you