Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How am I supposed to be handling customer accounts so they can view attachments?

Drew Angell June 27, 2022

Customers do not have to be logged in to submit a ticket through our web-based portal.  I like this, of course, so they can get their ticket created quickly and easily.

However, if I then attach something like a PDF, zip file, etc. to this ticket, when they try to download it they get a notice that they have to be signed in to download attachments.

This is confusing for them because our website (WordPress/WooCommerce) has different account credentials, so they think they're already logged in to my site (which they are) but they aren't actually logged in to Service Desk.

Is there a setting or something that I can adjust so people can get access to these attachments without having to create an account?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

EDIT:  Sorry, I did this backwards!  After posting I found this article:  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-how-your-customers-access-attachments/

Giving that a try now.

EDIT 2:  Well, shoot.  I adjust the setting shown on that page to say people can download attachments without being signed in.  However, my customers still cannot download attachments without getting this notice about sign-in requirement..??

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events