Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How Can I add Share field in portal at time of ticket creation?

Untitled 4.png

4 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Connor Rising Star Jan 12, 2023

Hi @darshil trivedi the "Share with" field you're describing is used for sharing with the customer's organization. To ensure that field is visible in the portal during issue creation the customer must be added to the organization. 

For the user(s) you're troubleshooting this for follow these steps to check if they've been added to a customer organization.

1. Navigate to your project.
  2. Under Channels & People click on Customers.
  3. Click on the organization the customer should belong to.
  4. Verify they've been added, or add them if they haven't.
0 votes
Answer accepted

@darshil trivedi -

To supplement what @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ and @Dave Mathijs stated, the ability to share your issues is already there out of the box.  However, you will have to configure it for your env and projects.

Once an issue is created, the reporter of the issues can add requested participants to his/her issues.

Here are the two areas that you need to check in your configurations -

1) Under https://<your based>.atlassian.net/jira/settings/products/jira-service-management-configuration UI,  check "Yes" option

2023-01-11_17-10-03.png

2) Under each project's Customer permission UI - (Project settings >> Customer permissions) within the "Customer sharing" section, check the option below -

2023-01-11_17-13-04.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @darshil trivedi 

What do you need the "Share With" button to do?

Is it to share the Ticket with other internal users? If yes, by default you can add Request Participants through the help center, but this is done after the ticket is created.

See more information on this help page - Add request participants through the help center

---

If the above is what you want to do, but do it pre-ticket creation, there's a partial workaround...

1. Create a custom field, type User Picker (multiple users)
  2. Add this to the Request Form
  3. Create an Automation rule to add the users from the custom field to "Request Participants" after the issue is created

There is a limitation though, that the custom field will only allow you to enter users or customers already added to the Service Project - not just any email address.

---

For clarity, I tested this - and this is the rule I used. I called the custom field "Share With":

• Trigger: Issue Created
  • Condition: Issue Fields Condition
    • Field = Share With
    • Condition = is not empty
  • Action: Edit Issue
    • Field = Request Participants
    • Rule = COPY FROM - Share With, Current Issue

---

Let us know your thoughts!

Ste

Hi @darshil trivedi 

Just adding to this, as there's various options/answers on this question, there is a help page which details the differences between:

• Share With (on request form)
  • Share With+ (on the customer portal post-creation)

See this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/share-with-button-differences-and-behaviors-on-jsm-portal-1188784642.html

Depending on which one you are referring to, will depend on which answer will work for you :)

Ste

0 votes
Dave Mathijs Community Leader Jan 12, 2023

Hi, I believe this can only be done by creating a custom field type email and have the entered value copied to the request participant after issue creation using an automation rule.

I too wish one could simply have the Request participant field available during issue creation.

Unfortunately, all of the submitted JSDCLOUD suggestions made are either closed or are not being considered.

I mean Share with I  it is possible to do add share with field which is help to share ticket within organisation 

Dave Mathijs Community Leader Jan 12, 2023

For that to be enabled, you need to create an organisation and add all users as member.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events