Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Calendars and SLA - Do you need to save all the dates of previous years?

Bentsion Berg January 6, 2022

When entering holidays for the current year, is it necessary to keep the holidays of the previous years to preserve the SLA's of those issues?

What is the best practice here?

Thanks,

Ben

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2022

@Bentsion Berg you should save them.  Making adjustments to the SLA will rerun the SLAs and can adjust them on older issues.

5 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

Hey @Bentsion Berg 

This is a great question !!

Practically analyzing this situation, for the tickets which has already met SLA if we remove the holiday it should not have any affect.

But from audit point of view we may have to retain the holidays that would help to go back in history to see the data in calendar. 

If we remove the holiday for the tickets which have not met the SLA, then SLA might get affected.

If the holidays are recurring on the same date every year we can use "Repeat yearly" option.

These are my analysis on the holiday calendar of JSM.

Regards,

Vishwas

Bentsion Berg January 10, 2022

Exactly. Also, if you remove the holidays, then all the SLA's will be broken for those tickets that came in over the holidays since the holiday SLA's are typically different than as regular SLA. This will in turn disrupt reporting. I guess that there could be a business decision that after a certain amount of time, the reporting can be considered archived. However, given my experience, I know that there have been times that we need to look at older data and deleting the holidays will mess up that data. Therefore my question : ).

My question would therefore be more clarified by stating, is there a way or maybe we need a future request to perhaps store the previous years holidays are grouped by themselves, so we can keep the holidays for reporting but it will not be messy. I did see a screenshot in the documentation a grouping by year, but I do not have this functionality currently in cloud.

Thanks

-Ben

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hey @Bentsion Berg 

Correct, totally makes sense what you have summarized !!

So the future requests doesn't require the previous holidays to be there.

And JSM On Premise, already that option which shows as "Past holidays". So grouping can be done.

JSM_Calendar_DC.png

But JSM cloud doesn't seem to have this option. We may have to check with Atlassian Support Team and ask if there is feature request on this regards.

Regards,

Vishwas

Like Henk De Groot likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events