Highlight Replies in JSM

Dietrich August 11, 2021

Hello everyone!

We've recently moved to JSM from a different help desk and we've come across the following use case:

In the previous software, when someone replied to the issue, it would be marked in bold and a little red envelope would appear so that the agent could easily see that someone had replied simply by looking at their queue.

In JSM we get the email notifications telling us someone has replied etc., but we would like a visual indicator in the queue if possible.

Does anyone know if there is a way I can configure this (I checked but don't see anything like it), or perhaps if there is an app I could install?

Thanks in advance!

D

4 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

I would suggest creating a “recent reply” queue that would allow your agents to monitor those issues separate from the rest of the open issues. Place this queue at the top and instruct the team to keep at zero. Use labels (or custom field) and automation for this suggestion.

Automation:

• trigger - issue commented
  • condition - user condition initiator is customer
  • action - add label (or set field true) “new-customer-comment”

JQL for queue - labels = “new-customer-comment”

process:

• agents monitor queue
  • agents remove label (or clear field)
Dietrich August 23, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey , thanks so much! Definitely going to use this! :)

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

Hi @Dietrich and welcome,

There is no out of the box functionality to do that. There are tricks to achieve something, but not having the issue in bold letters.

One of these tricks would be to create a custom field (e.g. a date) and whenever you transition from a status support <==> customer, this field would be either populated by the date/time of the latest customer comment, or would be clear if an agent replied.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Alex

Dietrich August 23, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , thank you! This is a useful suggestion and I'm going to use it for another challenge we had. Thanks for the quick response!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2021

Hi @Dietrich 

Welcome to the Community!

We use a status update, so a ticket is 'Waiting for customer', then when a reply comes in automation changes the status to 'Waiting for support' - that way you can filter your queue to just see things waiting for support.

Hope that helps,

Liam

Dietrich August 23, 2021

Hi @Liam Green , thanks so much, I'm going to use your suggestion in combination one of the others. Really appreciate the quick response :)

0 votes
ICANSEEYOU7867 August 14, 2022

Found this and wanted to post my solution.  This solution requires ScriptRunner though, as it has the custom fields already to easily accomplish this.

I don't particularly like the "Waiting for customer" and switching back and forth, because I would need to change a bunch of workflows.  I also dont like the idea of a tech needing to remove a label.  This sort of things would need to be automated to work.

So I just made a queue with this JQL.  I also removed the currentUser() bits and I have another queue for new replies across all open tickets.

assignee = currentUser() AND project = MyProjectCode and issueFunction not in lastComment("inRole 'Service Desk Team'") AND issueFunction in hasComments('+1') AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY "Time to resolution" ASC

This ensures that there is at least one comment on an issue, and that this comment is not a member of the servicedesk team (this group can be modified to fit your needs).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events