cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide internal comments for developer role

Johannes January 23, 2020

Hello together,

I have the following situation:

Two service desk projects (let's call them A and B).

"Customers" create tickets in project A via the portal. Service Desk Members of project A then have the possibility to clone them into project B. This is done by using the Elements Copy & Sync (formerly Exocet) plugin (via workflow transition). For that the Service Desk Members of project A need the rights to create tickets in project B and therefore have the Developer role in project B (if they don't have the developer role the creation of tickets in project B fails).

The problem now is that they can add and read internal comments of project B (which they should not be able to).

I am now looking for a solution to let them only create "external" comments and not read internal comments but I am not sure how to achive this.

Is there a role which lets them create tickets but not add internal comments?

Or is there any other good solution for this?

Thanks a lot

Johannes

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Johannes 

Why do you want to clone a ticket to another project B?

Why not just link the ticket to another project B? 

You only need one project for Customer related issues (Project A). 

Customer logs requests via customer portal. Service Desk Agents pick up the request in Project A. If agent needs help from DEV, DEV agent can add internal comment to the request (non-licenced free user, acts as a collaborator).

If issue is a bug or something Service Desk Agents can't fix in Project A, they can create a linked request to another project B (e.g. DEV project). DEV pick issue and deal with it. Their communication stays in their project B, they resolve problem, and linked issue in Project A shows done, Service Desk agent can pick up the solution and pass or update the customer. Agent/Customer resolves the issue. 

-Mike

Johannes February 20, 2020

Hi @Mike Bowen

thanks for the input and sorry for the late reply.

"If issue is a bug or something Service Desk Agents can't fix in Project A, they can create a linked request to another project B (e.g. DEV project). DEV pick issue and deal with it. Their communication stays in their project B, they resolve problem, and linked issue in Project A shows done"

The problem with this is that from my understanding if the Agent in project A has the rights to create a linked issue in project B he automatically also has the rights to add internal comments to the new ticket in project B.

Or is there a way to grant him only the permission to create the linked ticket but not to add internal comments (only external comments)?

Thanks

JR

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

Hi JR,

I am not aware of a permission that can do that, but think about this first. What if the developer in project B wants more information from the Agent, the DEV can mention agent in his internal comments and the Agent can respond (internally) in project B, isn't that a good thing? 

The same can be said for the DEV, adding an internal comment to the Project A request. Why should there be a barrier? 

Having barriers = delays. 

-Mike

Johannes February 26, 2020

Hi Mike,

I see your point.

We will leave it as is for now.

Thanks for your ideas.

Erick Molina May 6, 2020

We have a similar setup. In our situation, we have the need to give a user access to view the issue and comments (not internal comments). There's no way to do this?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events