Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Team, how can i auto populate the value of one field with respect to another in Service Portal

shrikant maheshwari May 15, 2020

Hi Team, 

I have below 4 fields with the sample values -

1. Category (Drop down) - Business Applications, Other Applications
  2. Service (Drop down)- A4IS, Blackberry
  3. Criticality (Drop down)- Very High, High
  4. Service owner (User picker )- shrikant maheshwari, shyam maheshwari
  • I want to populate 2nd field on the basis of 1st field .
  • 3rd and 4th filed should be auto- populated on the basis of 2nd field

For E.g. -

If i select the category as - Business Application and Service as - A4IS - The below 2 fields should be auto-populated with the corresponding values  as -

Criticality - Very High

Service Owner - shrikant maheshwari.

Is it possible to achieve this in Portal Screen or is there any other way to do that ?

3 answers

0 votes
Jurate Piliutiene March 10, 2021

There is also an option, to auto populate specific field from free text field (like summary or description) with ML1 plugin. 

0 votes
Rahul Savaikar February 1, 2021

I also tried Behaviour functionality provided by Script runner but that script is functioning properly in JIRA but not in Portal.

@shrikant maheshwari Here in the Behaviour, you will need to select the request types, instead of the issue types. Only then it works.

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2020
shrikant maheshwari May 17, 2020

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the reply but using Dynamic Forms i would not be able to auto-populate the values on the basis of another values.

I also tried Behaviour functionality provided by Script runner but that script is functioning properly in JIRA but not in Portal.

So i want to know is there any way so that i can implement the above requirement in JSD portal ?

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020
This should work - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview If it does not either, please respond with how your requirement is different from what these apps offer. Thanks.
shrikant maheshwari May 19, 2020

Hi Kris,

So here is my requirement -

Please check the below table and i want to implement these values -

For e.g. Category has 5 distinctive values like Business application, other database etc.

based on the category , service field should reflect .

User will select these 2 values while creating the incident from portal screen and the other 2 fields like criticality and Service owner should be auto-populated based on the values configured in the below table.

I used Dynamic form in that we can configure fields inside the other fields and user needs to select from the list available and the value will not autopopulate.

For e.g

If the user select the category as Business Applications .

then in the Service field there will be a drop down of values available like A4sec, BDS, Bloomberg etc and the user will select the corresponding service.

Now based on the service selected the critiality field should show the corresponding configured value and not the list of values and the user has to select from it.

If the user select the category as Business Applications .

then in the Service field there will be a drop down of values available like A4sec, BDS, Bloomberg etc and the user will select the corresponding service.

Now based on the service selected the critiality field should show the corresponding configured value and not the list of values and the user has to select from it.

shrikant maheshwari May 20, 2020

@Kris G _Alacriz_  did you got a chance to see the requirement ?

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2020

Yes, @shrikant maheshwari . This should in fact work. When I tried, it is not working as per their documentation. So, I have contacted their support to see why it does not. I am hoping to get a positive response soon. Thanks. 

Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2020

@shrikant maheshwari- It turns out that the values still have to be selected from the related fields that appear based on the values selected in the master field. Though it's a nice feature to have, it's not implementable here, unfortunately. Please do share if you find the solution as I am curious about it too. 

best,
Kris 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events