Hi All, I did not got the option to upgrade jira service desk from UI

shrikant maheshwari May 17, 2021

Hi All, i upgraded jira core from 8.13 to 8.16 and after that i want to upgrade Jira service desk from 4.13.0 to 4.16.0 version but i did not got any option from the UI.

Could someone please let me know that why i did not got any option to upgrade from UI ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

There are two reasons this might happen. 

First, the Service Desk application version might not be flagged as valid for your current version of Jira.  In this case, there's nothing you can or should do.

Second, your server may not be able to reach the marketplace site to check the versions, so it doesn't know that there is an upgrade available.  Is it possible that your server is firewalled off from the web?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply but when i upgraded JIRA core earlier after the upgrade i got the option to upgrade JSD from the UI. This was few months ago.

Scenario - 

This time when i planned to upgrade JIRA CORE and JSD i did not got any option to upgrade the JSD from UI.

i  was using the following versions JIRA CORE -8.13 and JSD- 4.13.

After that i saw in "Applications and Versions" that i am getting the notification to upgrade jira core but there was no notification for JSD.

Later when i upgraded the JIRA core from 8.13 to 8.16 and checked still there was no notification for JSD .

then i manually checked which version of JSD is compatible with jira core 8.16 which was 4.13 and i upgraded JSD from backend.

So just wanted to check why i did not got option this time to upgrade JSD from UI

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

I'd say it's because the server can't reach the marketplace to do the upgrade.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Thanks a lot for the help.

But could you please brief the below statement -

Is it possible that our server is firewalled off from the web? - Please explain a bit

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

I'm not sure what else I can tell you.  If your server cannot look up and talk to the marketplace server over its network connection, then it's either the connection settings, or a firewall blocking access to that part of the internet

ok thanks a lot Nic

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

Hey @shrikant maheshwari ,

When you go to the "Applications & Versions" menu, what do you see there? Could you maybe share a screenshot?

If you upgraded core only it could be the current JSD/JSM plugin is not even enabled/installed anymore.

Hi Drik,

I did not got any option to update JSD when i checked in Applications and versions and then i have to upgrade the JSD to JSM from the backend.

Also as you can see the plugin was already installed and i just updated the same from backend.

Test- JSD.PNG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

Well judging from your screenshot your JSM is already at 4.16.1 (most likely the highest compatible one for 8.16 core).

Did you perhaps download an installer with both items in it? 

if you still expect to see an upgrade option right now that's not needed as it is already at 4.16.1 (as indicated in your screenshot)

Yes Drik thats what i mentioned i upgraded to 4.16.1 from the backend. 

I am using the linux server and i upgraded the JIRA core only using the installer. But as soon as you upgrade the JIRA core then if you check in Application and version we get option to upgrade JSD which i did not got and i had to upgrade JSD from backend .

if you still expect to see an upgrade option right now that's not needed as it is already at 4.16.1 (as indicated in your screenshot)--- No i am not looking for this i know that this is the latest version . I am looking why i did not got the option from UI when i upgraded the jira core ?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

I see, that wasn't clear for me in your initial question.

It's hard to troubleshoot an issue when it has been resolved of course. I would then suggest to take a look at @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 's suggestion and verify that the system is able to reach the marketplace.

If it is, then we would need to check it next time you have this issue what is going on.. like I said, hard to troubleshoot an issue that's not longer presenting.

You could always go thru the logs and see if that gave any errors after the startup of your 8.16 core but I'm afraid we're flying blind here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events