Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required on JSD to adapt to our specific requirements

ECOS DJMC November 6, 2020

Hi

I am absolutely new to Jira and Service Desk; we are not an IT or Software company but a small independent finance broker. A recent change in regulations has required us to look for a solution to manage complaints from customers in a time metric solution which is auditable by the regulator.

Our requirements are as follows

– customer emails a complaint about our product regulation requires us to give an initial response by 5 working days and start investigating the complaint.

Then there is a maximum time frame of 8 weeks to either redress the issue or provide answers why we feel the complaint is invalid, during this time we need to attached our internal complaints procedure could be a pdf attachment or a link to download.

Once the case has been closed, we have to inform the customer they have 6 months to raise this issue with the regulator.

So my main questions are

What would be the best way to implement the SLA’s for the 3 working days initial response and 8 weeks’ timeframe with the 6 months post closed period?

Are all tickets, emails and correspondences saved or archived in JSD once labelled as resolved or closed, so we can download or present them as and when?

I know JSD is most probably overkill for what our use requirements are but I have read lots of great reviews and the free plan for a team of 3 agents suits us as we are a 3-man team.  

Thanks in advanced

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Hello @ECOS DJMC,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I added your questions and my answers below:

– customer emails a complaint about our product regulation requires us to give an initial response by 5 working days and start investigating the complaint.

You can create a specific request type for that, so customers can easily find the correct form in the customer portal to fill the complaint. 

After that, create an SLA or use the default "Time to first response" one to add an SLA for this specific request type. For example:

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 14.26.24.png

Then there is a maximum time frame of 8 weeks to either redress the issue or provide answers why we feel the complaint is invalid, during this time we need to attached our internal complaints procedure could be a pdf attachment or a link to download.

For this, it will depend on your use case. You can create SLAs based on priority or another custom field, so the SLA can be counted based on the value of the field.

Regarding the attachments, by default, agents have permission to attach files, so they will be able to add PDFs or other types of files to the ticket.

Once the case has been closed, we have to inform the customer they have 6 months to raise this issue with the regulator.

You can go to Project settings > Customer notifications (Classic project) or Service project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications (Next-gen) and edit the Request done/resolved notification to add this information. 

So my main questions are

What would be the best way to implement the SLA’s for the 3 working days initial response and 8 weeks’ timeframe with the 6 months post closed period?

The SLAs are based on hours, so it would be necessary to create a calendar adding your working hours, your timezone and then calculate the hours for 3 working days, 8 weeks, and 6 months to add on the SLAs.

Are all tickets, emails and correspondences saved or archived in JSD once labelled as resolved or closed, so we can download or present them as and when?

The tickets are not deleted automatically. Once it's closed, you and your team can search for the closed/resolved tickets on Filters > Advanced issue search. Then, you can export to HTML, CSV, Word, or use an add-on if you would like to export to a different format. 

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

ECOS DJMC November 11, 2020

Thanks Angelica for taking the time to respond , 

i will study your answers and links and revert back if i get stuck 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS