Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! I am looking to find out how to add new fields to a request.

Branna Chamberlain November 4, 2021

In Jira, the current request fields are:
Request Fields.png
I am looking to see if we can add a field for address and a field for phone number.  Any help?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Branna Chamberlain,

To add more fields to your request type you would first have to add it to the underlying issue type. If the custom field already exists, all you would have to do is associate the field with the screen(s) that the issue type is using. If this is a new custom field, just go to Administration > Issues > Custom fields to create it, then associate it with the screen(s) that the issue type is using. Once that is done you can go to the request type and add it to the form. To learn more about creating custom fields, have a look at Create a custom field 

Thank you Mikael!  I appreciate the information.  I am really new to using this application and still fumbling around in it.  The request is something that is already in place.  To start the request there is a button called Raise a request.  I would assume it is a custom request.  So now to figure out where it is so I can edit it.....

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

The Raise a request will just take you to the portal so you get the same experience as a customer when creating the request.

You can find and edit your existing requests if you go to Project settings > Request types, assuming that you have at least project admin permissions.

Like Branna Chamberlain likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021

You want to check out this free training, Get Started with Jira Service Management and you can find all the free training that Atlassian University is offering here.

Perfect response!! I found what I was looking for.  Thank you SO much!

Branna Chamberlain November 5, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg So I found a phone number field to add to the request type.  But when you enter a phone number in that field it formats it as a number (2,068,675,309) rather than a phone number (206-867-5309).  How can I change this?  Or is there a way to change it?  I also didn't see a free format field with the correct formatting that I could add.  It felt like it was use what is here and there are no other options.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2021

So the number field is of the type floating point and you cannot change how the number is being displayed after it has been entered. If you want to store it like a phone number you would have to create a new short text field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events