Having issues making incoming emails create incidents

AJ Greiner May 12, 2022

Hello, 

First I will say I am very new to Jira but have used ITSM ticketing systems in the past. I am in the beginning stages of building the instance for my company and we want users to be able to email us and have an incident created not a service request. Looking around I found older articles but I do not see the choices they are seeing.  When I navigate to Configure email request types I only see Emailed request, Report Broken Hardware and Create a post-incident review as my choices. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Hi @AJ Greiner ,

Welcome to the community. 

The request types created for the project are only displayed in the "Configure Email" setup. First you need to go to project settings --> Request type --> Create new request type after selecting the Incident Issue type.

Once the new request type for Incident is created, you can now find it in email configuration.

image.png

Please note: Before all this, your project should have Incident Issue type.

You can read below links on how to create request type in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-a-request-type/ and Email config in https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/choose-a-request-type-for-email-requests/

AJ Greiner May 12, 2022

Thank you for the information. I created the request type under incidents but I do not see it as a choice. After creating it I went to email requests and from that drop down this is all I see. image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

Hi @AJ Greiner ,

Go to Project settings --> Request types --> Click on newly created request type. In Request form, add Description field. By default you will only have the summary field. 

image.png

Once this is done return back to request type, check if newly created type is present in the list and then now check in email requests section.

AJ Greiner May 12, 2022

Still no luck. Here are all the screenshots showing where everything is:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

Hi @AJ Greiner ,

You have 2 fields as "required" for incident. So jira is not displaying them in email config.

Make "Assignment group" required = No. Now it should display in Email config. 

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events