Having additional information on users

hrc3000 January 16, 2021

Hi there,

made project for charity organization who helps people in need (the ones who got hit by earthquake, floods, poor and similar).

Jira Service Management is perfect fit for raising tickets but what if I need to have some additional information stored for the people in need.

for instance, person is stored in database as an user and it has fields like:

• number of children
  • house condition
  • social status
  • need for food
  • etc.

how can this be achieved?

I came up with plugin "insight" which primary serves as asset management so we stored people in need as an "assets" with attributes.

Made custom fields in Jira which copies data from Insight:

• number of children
  • house condition
  • social status
  • need for food
  • etc.

The problem is that it doesn't work the best 'cause sometimes is unavailabe, and post-insight functions don't get the job done. Sometimes not all variables are processsed because too much of them are processed in "create issue" transition so I don't get all fields necessary.

my ideal scenario would be.
raise issue for person and automatically all fields for that person are retrieved from somewhere so it could help me re-prioritize and re-organize so people who are priority I can help first.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

@hrc3000
What you already have in place, along with the hints of Dave, is probably a good choice.

There is a longer running Suggestion open to have additional information stored about customers but it does not seem to have gained traction, yet:

In case you want to vote for it, in parallel to other solutions suggested, feel free to do so using the link posted above.

I'd also recommend to start with a small solution, but if you need to grow it larger from Marketplace there are CRM Apps which you could assess - if they can support your idea.

Some hints could be extracted from here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/using-jira-for-customer-relationship-management-crm-298978320.html

Cheers,
Daniel

hrc3000 January 18, 2021

@Daniel Ebers@Dave Liao 

thanks for your responses. @Dave Liao 's idea would fit great with Jira Misc Workflow Extensions (JMWE) so all related issue fields would be copied with post function in related sub(task) so it could help me prioritize issues based on people's BIO

Like Dave Liao likes this
1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

@hrc3000 - start simple. From what I'm reading, you're looking to use Jira like a CRM:

• Create an issue type called "Household".
  • Create custom fields to capture what you want - when creating fields, use numeric, select lists, or checkboxes. This type of data can be reported on, or queried against. Freeform data (like text fields) is useful, but not as easy to get intelligence from.
  • Create statuses to represent each Household's status.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events