Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have senior customer view other customer issues

Nick Long July 21, 2014

I am currently investigating setting up a Jira Service Desk for a customer.

The customer has several teams in different locations and each team will have a login where they can raise issues.

The senior person from the customer would like a Service Desk login where he is able to see all of the issues raised by any of his teams.

Is this something that can be configured with service desk?

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

I think the best solution would be implementing https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-377.

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hey Nick

This pretty much seems that your senior will need the "Service desk managers" permission. This group have full access to JIRA Service desk. you can take a look on this document to take a look on Service Desk permissions.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's something else I can help you.
Best regards.
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian JIRA Support Engineer

Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hey Nick

Indeed for that situation you will not want Service desk manager permission. What you can do is to create a custom permission scheme and them put your senior user on that. This is described on the link I sent before and you can have a more in-deep here. basically you will create a security scheme that fits you and then associate it with each project needed.

Best regards.

Nick Long July 22, 2014

I don't think that would solve my problem.

The customer should have no access to Jira other than the service desk interface to raise issues.

The senior person from the customer should be able to see the other issues raised by his subordinates, but he must not have access to administer the Service Desk which I think the service deak manager permission would give him.

To clarify suppose you have customer X, Y and Z. I would like it set up so that:

Customer X can see only issues raised by customer X

Customer Y can see only issues raised by customer Y

Customer Z can see issues raised by customer X, Y or Z

All this must be via the service Desk Portal as they do not have permissions to view Jira directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events