• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Guest Access for Project / Ticket

Hello,

I am currently setting up the Jira Service Management Portal for our company. Everything is working fine so far, only the "guest access" is not working properly yet.

I have implemented everything as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/04/introducing-the-login-free-portal-for-jira-service-desk-cloud So everyone can access the portal, select the appropriate project and send us a request / ticket.

For this purpose, the "guest" also enters an e-mail address at the end, which informs him about the status of the ticket. This e-mail also arrives, only if one would like to look at the ticket via this e-mail / link, one comes to the portal or project, but must then carry out a login / registration with e-mail / password. And this is exactly what we do not want.

The "user" or the one who has made the request should be able to view and answer the ticket / history as a guest.

What am I doing wrong? Which settings do I have to make to make this possible?

Greetings from Germany
Marcel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Marcel Felke,

The essence of the login-free portal is this, as described in the documentation you included above:

If you use a login-free portal, customers can discover your portal and its help articles via search engines. To send a request, they fill out a form and provide an email address to track the request. The rest of the process works like email support: they get a confirmation email from your service desk, can correspond with agents over email, and get updates on the request status. They can still finish creating an account in the portal to track the request, but it's not necessary.

The account / login into the system is not required to offer the email support, but to access the portal and the additional available features, a user needs to identify himself so the system knows who is accessing. Take into account that it can be accessed by just typing in the url of the site and it holds requests for - hopefully - multiple people. The system needs authentication of who is accessing to avoid unwanted disclosure of data in it.

On a side note - be aware that the login does create logins in your system, but they are free and unlicensed users. So they don't impact your bill - should that be a concern.

Many thanks for the answer. That fits so far.
I would then only adapt the e-mail template here and inform the user there that he simply has to reply to the e-mail or can register if necessary.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

209 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you