Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping multiple fields in a Proforma form to link to JIRA description field

Heidi Smith July 1, 2022

Do anybody know whether its possible to group multiple form fields together and linking it to the description field so that all the information submitted on the form is added directly into the JIRA ticket, in addition to the PDF. Perhaps even nicely formatted in a table. 

2 answers

1 vote
Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

Use an automation rule to log the following smart value so you can see how Jira sees form data:

{{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers}}

You will get something like this:

{23={text=LAST}, 33={text=123456789}, 22={text=FIRST}, 26={choices=[1]}, 24={text=STRING TEXT}, 35={text=STRING TEXT}, 5={choices=[2]}, 32={text=STRING TEXT}, 39={choices=[1]}, 17={text=EMAIL@DOMAIN.com}, 25={text=16.50}, 31={text=STRING TEXT}, 27={choices=[1]}, 30={date=2022-07-21}, 29={date=2022-07-19}, 41={choices=[1]}}

You can access that data with a smart value. For example, 

{{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers."23".text}}

will give you "LAST"

For questions with selection answers, create a variable for each of those. 

Let's say question 26 is a yes or no question. In this case, Yes is choice 1. So, in your automation rule, you can run an if/then... else statement where you assign the variable {{Question26}} the value of "Yes" if {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.answers."26".choices.get(0)}} equals 1, else it gets a value of "No". 

Once you've assigned all of your answers to variables, you can build your description out of the variable smart values. 

0 votes
Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

I don't understand what's happening here. I've replied to this twice and my comment keeps disppearing. I'll try to post my reply in pieces to see what's blowing it up.

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2022

Hey @Paul Krueger ,

There was an issue with the spam filter that gave false posative flags to your replies due to a double submission on the first of the replies that were most likely a browser caching issue submitting a rapid-fire reply so the Spam filter thought you might be a bot and put the comments in moderation. 

I am working on clearing this up now so you might see some duplicate replies get added to this request and then disappear again as the duplicates are removed.

Sorry for any confusion

Regards,
Earl

Paul Krueger
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2022

Well, that explains it! Thanks. You may want to clean up the extra replies. Or not. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events