Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Grouping Tickets from Same Email Address

XS I'm New Here Sep 23, 2022

Hi there, I'm very new to this, so sorry if this is a stupid question. Does Jira automatically group support tickets filed with the same email address? If so, does it push the ticket back to the end of the line whenever a new one is added to it? 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Sep 23, 2022

Hi @XS and welcome to the community,

Jira doesn't do that automatically. On JSM there are queues based on filters to which you can easily add, not the email, but the user of the organization to which that user belongs.

In addition that request enters the queue, which you can sort almost anyhow you like it. From newly created to old, or to SLA, to organization etc.

XS I'm New Here Sep 23, 2022

Thanks for the response!

I deal with customers directly, so unfortunately I can't sort by organization. I'm trying to reduce the amount of spam I receive, particularly from the same customer(s).

How can I achieve this using automation? 

Alex Koxaras Community Leader Sep 23, 2022

@XS there is no way, that I know of, to "group" issues e.g. duplicates. As I mentioned above, what you can do is setup the queues in such a way, so as it displays all the issues from one of your customer. Read about creating queues here. During your queue creation you can add on your JQL the reporter to be equal to your specific customer. Afterwards save your queue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events