Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global setting for "Who can access the portal and send requests" in next-gen service desk project

Matt Hawkes December 3, 2019

When creating a new next-gen project in JSD the "Who can access the portal and send requests" setting defaults to "Anyone with an account on <portal name>". I can manually change this setting to "Customers my team adds to the project" after creating the project,  but that means that all existing users are able to see the new project during the window of time between creating the project and changing the setting.

Is there a way that I change the default setting to "Customers my team adds to the project"?

If not, are there any other workarounds I could use to ensure existing customers are not able to see new projects before the setting is changed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello Matt,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for reporting this to us. I tested here on my local free and standard site and here are the results.

When creating a Service Desk project on a Free cloud site, that it’s your case, even selecting the access as “Private” while creating the new project, the customer permissions are set to “Anyone”,

On a Standard cloud site, the behavior is different. All projects created, open or private, the customer permissions are set to “Customers my team adds to the project”.

Since we can’t select the default customer permission, at least when creating the project as “Private”, it should be closed to anyone, internal and external. Based on that, I created a bug:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch the bug to receive updates.

Currently, there is no workaround. It will be necessary to manually change the option after the ticket is created.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events