Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get customer transitions

Maciej Poliwoda January 7, 2021

Rest api returns only few possibilities of transitions.
For example:
From atlassian website I can select one from six transitions.
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request, Pending, Waiting for customer, In progress)
From API I can select one from three transitions:
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request)

Why I can not use (Pending, Waiting for customer, In progress) from Rest Api?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Permissions for API and direct login per browser to Jira are absolutely the same.
This now further suggests, like Nic said, that your workflow contains conditions for some transitions. Have you checked the workflow?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions

Please like stated earlier please also check if there are different transitions which named identically but could potentially be restricted by some conditions each.

The above said all under the assumption your user is in a role (Like Service Desk Team, for example) which grants the user the "Transition Issue" permission.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

This suggests you are using a different user or a different issue with the rest-api. 

An issue in a different status might have different transitions available because of the transitions in the workflow, and a different user might have different permissions because of the conditions on the workflows.

Maciej Poliwoda January 8, 2021

I access to atlassian:
WEB SITE: google account authentication for (user@gmail.com)
REST API: user@gmail.com (same as google account) and API token

From atlassian website I can select one from six transitions.
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request, Pending, Waiting for customer, In progress)
From API I can select one from three transitions:
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request)

The default configuration at "Jira Service Management Permission Scheme for Project" for "Transition Issues" says:
Project Role (Administrators)
Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)
Project Role (Service Desk Team)
Service Project Customer - Portal Access

Where can I set permissions for access user by API token?

Maciej Poliwoda January 8, 2021

The REST API documentation does not mention any special permissions:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-issueidorkey-status-get 

Get customer transitions

GET /rest/servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/transition

This method returns a list of transitions, the workflow processes that moves a customer request from one status to another, that the user can perform on a request. Use this method to provide a user with a list if the actions they can take on a customer request.

Permissions required: Permission to view the customer request.

App scope requiredREAD

OAuth scopes requiredread:servicedesk-request

Marco Mangiante February 11, 2022

Hello,

it's seems that I have the same behaviour; I've seen to this link Solved: Is it possible to transition a Service Desk issue ... (atlassian.com) that they resolved with 

rest/api/3/issue/{issue.id}/transitions?expand=transitions.fields

but I don't understand at this time why to use the jira and not service desk api, and why the service desk api does not return the exact list.

Marco Mangiante February 11, 2022

Ok, maybe I found the solution here:

Solved: Why I can not get list of transitions via the RESR... (atlassian.com)

"A request is a wrapper around an issue, for the benefit of the customers - customers only see requests, but Agents get to see both the request and the issue behind it."

So, if I use the service desk api I obtain the transitions that customer can use, while I have to us jira api for the entire list that aget use.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events