• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get customer transitions

Rest api returns only few possibilities of transitions.
For example:
From atlassian website I can select one from six transitions.
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request, Pending, Waiting for customer, In progress)
From API I can select one from three transitions:
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request)

Why I can not use (Pending, Waiting for customer, In progress) from Rest Api?

2 answers

0 votes

This suggests you are using a different user or a different issue with the rest-api. 

An issue in a different status might have different transitions available because of the transitions in the workflow, and a different user might have different permissions because of the conditions on the workflows.

I access to atlassian:
WEB SITE: google account authentication for (user@gmail.com)
REST API: user@gmail.com (same as google account) and API token

From atlassian website I can select one from six transitions.
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request, Pending, Waiting for customer, In progress)
From API I can select one from three transitions:
(Escalate, Resolve this issue, Cancel request)

The default configuration at "Jira Service Management Permission Scheme for Project" for "Transition Issues" says:
Project Role (Administrators)
Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)
Project Role (Service Desk Team)
Service Project Customer - Portal Access

Where can I set permissions for access user by API token?

The REST API documentation does not mention any special permissions:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-issueidorkey-status-get 

Get customer transitions

GET /rest/servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/transition

This method returns a list of transitions, the workflow processes that moves a customer request from one status to another, that the user can perform on a request. Use this method to provide a user with a list if the actions they can take on a customer request.

Permissions required: Permission to view the customer request.

App scope requiredREAD

OAuth scopes requiredread:servicedesk-request

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 08, 2021

Permissions for API and direct login per browser to Jira are absolutely the same.
This now further suggests, like Nic said, that your workflow contains conditions for some transitions. Have you checked the workflow?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions

Please like stated earlier please also check if there are different transitions which named identically but could potentially be restricted by some conditions each.

The above said all under the assumption your user is in a role (Like Service Desk Team, for example) which grants the user the "Transition Issue" permission.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

172 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you