• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Gadget Common Error 500 on Dashboard When Trying to View the Activity Stream

Hello All,

First off let me offer up a bit of a disclaimer in stating that I don't know a whole lot about Linux or of these applications so if I come across as if I don't know what I'm talking about its likely because I don't. 

I have secured Jira with a self signed certificate, everything appears to be working fine with the exception of a Gadget Common Error 500 Error that I am getting when truing to view the activity stream. 

a copy of the machine has been made and any and all changes have been made to it so while the certificate contains the name of the sandbox server the common name of the cert does not match the name being typed in the browser bar. 

I looked at some of the solutions here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-fix-gadget-common-error-500-when-using-ssl-and-apache/qaq-p/1218169 but i dont know how this fits given that I am using certificates that were not generated using keystore.....

can anyone here assist me in resolving this, is this just a naming issue where the path being used doesnt match the name in the cert? if this something else? please help...

1 answer

Hi @Shannon Harvey 

Have you checked the log file? 500 error means you have server-side problems which could be anything but hard to guess.

If you have the log file and the related stack trace, I believe that would guide you directly to the solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

157 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you