G Suite login for customers in JIRA SD

Maciej Zbrzeźniak August 14, 2017

Hi,

Is there any possibility that I can enable G Suite login and authentication for SD portal customers? So SD customers can use their google accounts from our domain to login ? 

I've verified that G Suite integration is working only with users but nobody mention SD customers.  

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kael Hankins October 25, 2017

I had this same issue and could not find specific documentation on it. Hopefully this will help other folks.

Do g-suite setup as usual.

Site settings -> Application Access -> User Defaults and disable access to all applications. 

Now I have customers logging in with our Google domains and getting into the portal as portal-only "customer" accounts.

Casey Graves March 31, 2018

This is the correct answer.  This is referenced in their documentation for bulk adding customers.  It was helpful to learn that a Jira Service Desk customer is nothing more than a normal user with no application access.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-bulk-add-customers

Like Gabriela Moreyra likes this
Jared Carr March 5, 2019

So under Site Settings > Product Access > New Users Have Access To This Product needs to be turned off for all Products, including Jira Service Desk.  I'm assuming that's because Jira Service Desk product access here represents Agents and not customers?  In our test syncs, we had product access turned on and it was using up our Agent licenses.2019-03-05_13-36-47.jpg

Casey Graves April 11, 2019

That's correct.  All users should have no product access by default.  You will need to manually assign product access to new users that will be agents or using other Atlassian products.

Like Jared Carr likes this
Grant Moxom April 11, 2019

But they dont' appear in the servicedesk users panel - am I being charged for those licenes? They still gain "Site access" by default

Jared Carr April 12, 2019

Under Admin > User Management > Jira Service Desk - you will see your Portal customers.  In our environment, these are users that create their account manually b/c they may not have a GSuite account yet (ex. substitute secretary, new hire, etc.).  

Under Admin > User Management > Users - you will see your users synced by GSuite  An example of a Jira Service Desk customer only, looks like this... see attached.  A user that looks like this in their user details does not use a license.  Only if they have access turned on for another Atlassian product.

example.jpg

1 vote
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017

Hi Maciej,

Yes, it's possible, I use this at the moment.

There's more info here https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/integrate-with-g-suite-744721642.html

Kael Hankins October 25, 2017

I have the same need however this link does not address customers.

EDIT: Found how to do it, still cannot find specific documentation on it.

Like Yukihiro Nowatari likes this
Grant Moxom April 11, 2019

How did you do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events