Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding custom fields in JSM that are no longer used

Business Systems Administration January 12, 2022

We have Jira server 8.20.2 and I am trying to find out how many issues use each Custom field however, looking at the the first image in the following article:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0820/analyzing-the-usage-of-custom-fields-1095777020.html

I should see an "Issues" column on the right-hand side that but it's not there?

Also, in the same image, there is an "Optimize" option next to "Add custom field" which I also don't appear to have. Are these perhaps only available in Cloud or have I missed a setting that enables these to be viewed?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thank you,

Joe

1 answer

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi,

That's really interesting and I do not know the reason but I just wonder if it is related to the reindexing. Could you please reindex Jira and see whether the Issues column and Optimize button show up?

Thanks

Business Systems Administration January 18, 2022

Hi Tuncay,

Thanks for looking into this; I did try a full Jira re-index but that has not made any difference to this problem.

Is there anything else you can suggest before I raise a ticket with Atlassian support?

Kind regards,

Joe

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Not actually, I don't have any clue but I am really curious why!

Could you please let us know the root cause for this problem once it is solved via the Atlassian support ticket?

Thanks,

Joe90 January 20, 2022

Hi Tuncay,

I managed to set aside some time to dig deeper into this and I think I have found the reason :

Snapshot.png

........now I just need to work out the solution!

Will update when I have a development.

Thanks,

Joe

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events