Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter for Off-hours Number of Created Tickets

Bar Abergel December 26, 2022

Hey guys,

I'm using the native SLA for Jira Service desk with a dedicated calendar i've created for the team's working hours.

I want to have a filter for tickets who has been opened not during the working hours, outside of the mentioned calendar/when the SLA has not started. 

Please advise, thanks! 

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Bar Abergel,

As you have noticed, filtering dynamically based on dynamic time ranges is not a walk in the park. You can make your querying a lot easier if you add a custom field to indicate if an issue was created within or outside SLA working hours. Using automation, you can then simply set the proper value in that field and make it very simple to query for issues by that custom field.

I created a quick sample rule using the labels field, as you can see here:

Screenshot 2022-12-27 at 14.20.45.pngThe conditions in the rule use smart values. To build rules using date and time values, you may find this support article a very useful resource.

Hope this helps! 

Bar Abergel December 28, 2022

Thank you so much, this is a great solution for the non-working days! :) 

Any suggestion on how to add labels to tickets who were created outside of the working hours as well? 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Bar Abergel,

Yes, the following automation rule could do the trick:

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 10.29.35.png 

The rule is triggered when an issue is created. An SLA has different states (running(), paused() or completed()). That's what I used in the condition at the second step: if the issue is created outside the calendar hours, the SLA state will be paused(). In that case you can add a label to indicate this to your issue.

Bar Abergel January 4, 2023

Thanks again Walter, this is a great solution! 

The JQL isn't working for me when I'm trying to validate it. 

status not in (Pending, "Waiting For Customer") = paused()

How exactly should I use the paused() function in this case? 

Bar Abergel January 5, 2023
meliodas16
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2023

Hello @Bar Abergel

paused() is a function that is applicable to SLA fields only it's not applicable with the status field.

As far as i know an sla is paused only when it enters a pause condition not when it's created outside calendar hours so i think "Waiting for customer" = paused() is the wrong JQL to filter for issues created outside working hours and will not display anything. @Walter Buggenhout 

I think you should use "Waiting for Customer" != withincalendarhours() instead.

Kind regards.

0 votes
meliodas16
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2022

Hello @Bar Abergel ,

Please have a look at this thread and see if it may help you : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Find-all-issues-created-outside-of-normal-working-hours/qaq-p/1978132

Kind regards.

Bar Abergel December 27, 2022

Hey! thank you for your answer.

I took a look on these answers but non of them works for me. 

I need to see the tickets that has been created from 19:00 till 07:00 and on non working days (Saturday) according to the SLA calendar.. 

0 votes
Bar Abergel December 26, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events