cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields shown in Portal are removed from tabs in Agent view

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

I have several custom fields associated with a request type that I want to have bundled under a separate tab. However, when I surface them in the portal form, it seems that they are then automatically shown under the default tab. Am I missing a step here? Using Cloud classic project. 

3 answers

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Keith Jones,

You can't add tabs to the customer portal with Jira OOTB: Having multiple steps or tabs in Customer Portal when raising longer requests. You may look into apps like Extension for JSM or Proforma to do this.

Best,

- Manon

1 vote
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

@Keith Jones Unfortunately it is how JSM works now, the tabs are not supported on the customer portal. See the Atlassian suggestion request.

It is always recommended to keep less number of fields on the portal. If you want all the fields but want to customize the view, you should consider below add-ons

1. Extension for JSM
  2. Refined for Jira
Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2021

Thank you for the recommendations - at this time, we aren't trying to add tabs to the customer portal - just in the agent view. But it sounds like they are tied together? If a fields is added to a customer portal, then it cannot reside in a tab on the agent view. Is that correct? 

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2021

Hi, @Keith Jones !

If I correctly understand you want to add tabs just for Agent-view, not for Customers on Portal. 

In that case you can configure Issue Screen Scheme in your project, look through the documentation - Configuring a screen's tabs and fields .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events