FILTERS: all issues with parents JIRA CLOUD

Irina Pozdnyakova June 17, 2022

Hey! 

I have 2 main projects: X, Y

Also I have 3 projects: A, B, C

And I have a group of users: Group

So I can create a ticket in X/Y project and Escalate it to HR for example. When escalating, a child ticket is automatically created in the A project.  The same for B and C projects.

I need to create a filter

1. that gonna show me all tickets in A, B, C projects created by members of a group and they have a parent task in X, Y projects

Tried something like project in (A, B, C) and reporter in memberOf("group") AND don't know how to deal with parent\child

2. that gonna show me all tickets in A, B, C projects that are not childs of any tickets in X, Y

Tried several functions but not working for me.

Thanks in advance!! 

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Irina Pozdnyakova June 20, 2022

Found a solution, for all who stuck!

using ScriptRunner Enhanced Search

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = A OR project = B", "is parent of") AND reporter in membersOf("group")

You cant change "is parent of" to "is child of" or add issue type if u need or maybe add linking type "is block of" "is epic of"

0 votes

Find the solution, but there is another problem, how to get the same jql with several projects? 

I need to add also B and C project (tried to use AND operator also project in but didn't work for me)

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project=A")

0 votes
MW June 17, 2022

I think that it's hard to achieve using native functionalities.

Maybe you can try to create a new type of linking issues (let's call it "Escalates to" and "Is escalated by")

and then you can easily run a SQL like 

Project IN (A, B, C) and issueLinkType = "Is escalated by" AND reporter in membersOf("group-name")

The second question also becomes easy if you use this method:

Project IN (A, B, C) and (issueLinkType IS Empty or issueLinkType != "Is escalated by")

Hey, MW, thanks you kindly for your advice but unfortunately I can't change anything inside project since it's already finished. So I need to deal with "customer wishes" using native functionalities. 

I tried to create some filters using ScriptRunner but didn't work with these functions and kinda stuck :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events