Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude ticket creators from que

Louie Cooper September 15, 2023

Hi,

I am looking to exclude one creator from a que in Jira. We have an RMM software that emails the Jira Service Desk creating tickets for things like low disk space on machines. These tickets then open in the "All Open Tickets" que we have. I have created a separate que for these tickets so we can see them all in one place however I would like to exclude them from the "All open que" and only be able to see them in the specific que made for them.

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2023

Hi @Louie Cooper ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It should be simple - just edit the queue and update the JQL in there - just add something like 

AND creator != <your user id>

Just start typing your user name and Jira should fill in the id. 

Hi Hana,

Thank you for the response!

Should this be added to the original "All Open Tickets" que or to the specific que made for the tickets from the RMM?

I tried it out and Jira doesn't seem to be happy with this. It also doesn't want to automatically fill the ID...

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2023

@Louie Cooper This should be added to the original “All Open Tickets” queue.

How does the current JQL looks like? Thank you.

Hi,

This is what the current JQL looks like for the "All Open Tickets" que and after entering the JQL you suggested. I used my email as place holder but Jira still does not agree with it.

Thank you,

JiraQueUnedited.pngJiraQueEdited.png

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

@Louie Cooper Order by part needs to be at the end:

resolution = Unresolved AND creator != <user> ORDER BY created DESC

That has done it!

Thank you very much for your help :)

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2023

I’m happy to help :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events