Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude other Administrators from Viewing/Browsing my project

J Roberts March 24, 2021

I have a project that other Administrators should not be able to access. How can I exclude them? If I remove administrators from the browse project permissions it yields an error. Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Administration rights have nothing to do with who can see a project.

All you need to do is look at the project to see what the permissions are for it, and remove anyone you don't want to have access from the project.

There are different ways to do this depending on whether you are using a team-managed (Next-gen) project or a company-managed (classic) project.

But, one thing to bear in mind is that admin rights means the ability to change permissions.  So even if you remove your admins view permission from projects, they could always add themselves back in.

J Roberts March 24, 2021

Ok. When “looking at the project to see what the permissions are for it” I am looking at my permissions scheme. My permissions scheme for my service project has administrators as one of the groups that can browse the project. When I remove this group from my scheme I get a project configuration error. Should I just ignore this error?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

No, what is the error?

J Roberts March 25, 2021

This service project has configuration problems and may not work as expected. View error details and repair the problem. This service project has permission errors that can impact functionality. You can correct the errors manually or click fix permissions and we’ll fix them for you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

Ok, I suspect your admins have other permissions within the project, try removing those too, and the errors should vanish.

If that's not the case, then it may be that your admins also have service-desk agent licences - making a service desk project invisible to agents will throw this error too.

However, in both cases, it is safe to ignore that message - it's only broken for admins, the rest of the project should be fine.

J Roberts March 26, 2021

Your suspicions are correct. I will ignore the message. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events