Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while uploading CSV file to create a project ?

Ravi Gade December 17, 2020

Hello All,

I was trying to import a form which is in a CSV format and trying to create a project but i keep getting a error below 

Jira Service desk error.PNGI have checked the CSV file and it did not have any errors. I am also attaching below a image of the form i have in the the CSV file which i am looking to upload and create a custom project . Is there a way to do it or its not possible? Please any help would be appreciated.

Hiring form.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Ravi Gade 

I think you are trying to import a request type (form) into Jira Service Management, not import Issues.

The CSV importer is for importing issues. Article - Create issues from CSV 

To create Jira Service Management Request Types, I suggest reading the article here.

Or have I mis-understood?

Good luck!

G

Ravi Gade December 18, 2020

@Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_ Thank you for your email. I did create a new request type as mentioned in the article create a new request type. Is it possible to customize the fields as below . The current fields are prepopulated by Jira but i want to customize them as below. is it possible ?Hiring form.PNG

Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Ravi Gade I see the form - but I need more information. 

What specifically did you want to do?  Do you mean layout?  Or to make the length of term field required/mandatory if the person selected permanent or consultancy? 

btw: appreciated if you would upvote the previous comment if it helped.

G

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2020

Has the sheet really something to do with a CSV import at all?
The form looks nice - without question. But CSV files are rather plain text and separates values per comma.
Far away from looking that nicely.

Jira won't accept a form like you showed for an CSV import - am I missing something obvious here or am I not familiar enough with the feature?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events