Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Maximum Users reached - I'm paying for Premium version?

Shaun McGuire March 9, 2021

Today I accidentally deleted a user previously assigned to the Service Management app in the Cloud. I went to the user management are and did the invite to get him back in. However, I could NOT give him access to the Service Management app - every time I get the error message that I've reached the maximum number of users. How is this possible when he WAS a user in that app five minutes before? I can't upgrade my plan because it's already the highest plan - Premium? 

How do I get this guy back into the app?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

The Premium plan does not give you unlimited users, it just gives you additional features that are not available on the standard plan.

You have to look at the number of licenses that you have for JSM, and also note how you add users. When you add users to JSM, do you add them to the group or are you using the Role option? If you use the Role and add a user as trusted or site admin, they will automatically get access to all your Atlassian products and count toward the license count. If you go to admin.atlassian.com and Products > Product access you can see how may licenses you have and are using, and also which groups that grant you product access.

Mikael,

Thank you for your reply. I don't see where I ever purchased a number of licenses. This is a the Cloud version of all the apps. We added users to an app, and our monthly bill increased. My users for Service Management WAS set at 13. When I deleted the one user who had product access to that app, the count went down to 12. When I tried to add him back, I am prevented from doing so. I do not know how to add licenses to my products. Any guidance here?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

If you go to admin.atlassian.com you should be able to see how may licenses you are using under Manage subscription. If you are on a monthly subscription, your license should automatically be updated when you add/remove users. Let me notify the Atlassian Support team and they should be able to see what is going on.

Please do. I've tried with no traction or response. Very frustrating.

Gabriel Herrera July 12, 2023

@Mikael Sandberg  Hey Mikael, am having the exact same issue. I purchased the PREMIUM plan monthly (we're still on the free premium trial) and it's giving me the same error. Could you please assist since it's URGENT.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hello @Shaun McGuire,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to this issue and they are waiting for some details.

Your plan was upgraded to Premium on March 7, so you should be able to add more agents to your site. 

Since you already created the ticket and allowed the support engineer to access your site, please, let them know the details so they can access the administration of your site to check what is happening. 

If you didn’t receive the notification, please, access the ticket through the portal:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Shaun McGuire March 11, 2021

I never received any explanation for the blockage. I did notice the next day that the user I had attempted to enter as an agent in my Service Management product was there after being blocked the day before. I have no idea what changed or why the issue occurred in the first place.

I requested the ticket be closed.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events