Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable email request for company users only

Nathalie_P December 21, 2021

Hi,

I'm using several Jira service desk projects within my company with different external customers that should have access to them.

For most projects, I want to invite the customers individually and they should send their requests via the portal only.

But for some projects, I want to allow users from special domains to send requests via email (because it is too many that I might need to invite manually).

I don't get it to work... I either open emails for everyone on the web for all projects, or emails from non-invited customers fail.

Any suggestions?

My current settings:

CustomerPermissions.PNGPortalAccess.PNGSiteAccess.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Nathalie_P 

On this part:

But for some projects, I want to allow users from special domains to send requests via email (because it is too many that I might need to invite manually).

At the email request level there are 2 option "allowlist" and "blocklist" please check out these URL's if it helps.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-allowlist/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-blocklist/

Regards,

Vishwas

Nathalie_P December 22, 2021

Hi Vishwas,

thanks a lot for your fast reply. 

It sounds like the part I was missing, but still it does not work. The error message sais "the registration is currently not available".

Best regards,

Nathalie

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2021

Hi @Nathalie_P 

I added a domain in blocklist it worked for me. Can you send the screenshot of the issue.

Regards,

Vishwas

Nathalie_P December 22, 2021

allowList.PNGerror.PNG

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2021

Hi @Nathalie_P 

This seems to be working for me, both allow list & blocklist. Can you please check with Atlassian Support Team once they might suggest on what's blocking at the mail processing end.

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Joseph Green June 12, 2023

Is there a way to allowlist company email domains only and block everything else? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events