Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails do not show op in JSD

Daan Gönning January 27, 2021

Hi,

Really strange issue here. We started using JSD in production last week. Works like a charm. However, there is one user that does not come up in JSD. When she sends an email, nothing happens. No slack notification (automation rule), not showing up in 'all issue's queue. I know for sure that she sends the email to the right address because I see it in the support@ Gmail account.

I use the organizations pro plugin to map users to organisations. And the user I am talking about is already a customer of ours with JIRA access on the same e-mail address. 

I simply do not understand. Makes no sense :( 

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

The first thing I would check is the email logs - project settings > email requests > view logs. Look for the request being sent by her to see what the error is.

Daan Gönning January 28, 2021

Hi, @Jack Brickey and @Benjamin Paton , it does not show up in the logs at all. I have it with two customers now. 

How can I set the permissions? Strange that it always works, except for those two users. 

I know for sure they are emailing to the correct email address because I see them in the gmail box AND in Zendesk, which is still running as a shadow (exactly for those cases). We launched JSD just recently, I wanted to kill zendesk this weekend. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

this tells me that the email is not getting to the JSM inbox. Can you check w/ your IT department (assuming you have such) and ask them to do a message trace? Somewhere the email is getting dropped.

Daan Gönning January 28, 2021

it seems that the email is delivered correctly to support@ mailbox, but the sync with JSD fails. It seems a JSD problem.. Any logs or ideas? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

If you are convinced this is a JSM issue then please contact Atlassian Support as this would be a bug as you have described.

Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

If the emails are reaching the inbox, and JSM, is able to create tickets from other emails that are received, then there must be a reason why these users emails are not being picked up (especially if they are not failing in the logs).

My thought is that the users who are experiencing the issue are not registered users, and the service desk is configured to only allow customers that were added by agents or admins.

if this is not the case, I agree with Jack, it will be test to take this up with support as there couple be a problem.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2021

If a non-customer email is received by JSM there will be a log “Failure” indicating just that. If there is no email log then JSM isn’t receiving the email or there is a bug. My bet is on the former.

Like Benjamin Paton likes this
0 votes
Benjamin Paton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2021

Hey Daan, 

I am not familiar with the Organisations Pro plugin, but I would suggest double checking her permissions, and ensure that they is allowed to raise issues in the project.

I would also check that she is sending from the same email address that you have on her account and not an alias.

I hope this helps

Cheers, 

Ben.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders