Emailed requests are failing from an approved domain

Luke Shipley September 18, 2020

On 9/17/20 a domain is unable to send in email requests. When I performed the Permission helper it gave me these failed conditions:

Jira Service Desk does not override this permission

Jira Service Desk does not override this permission

Group

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not in any of these groups: Business Super User, IBM

You can change this by going to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 's groups admin and adding that user to the mentioned group(s)

Project Role

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is not a member of any of these project roles: Administrators, Service Desk Team, atlassian-addons-project-access, IBM, Business Super User

You can change this by going to the 'JIRA Requests' project roles and adding XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to the missing role(s)

The failed emails are coming from Service Desk Customer - Portal Access.

The only permission that was changed earlier that day was the Browse Projects permission:

Type: Service Desk Customer - Portal Access Permission: Browse Projects.

Service Desk Customer - Portal Access has been given Browse projects permission back, but the issue is still there.

The users emailing the requests are Portal Customers. I have verified that the permission for "Create Issues" has Service desk customer - portal access. This permission scheme is also applied to the projects that are affected. I currently don't know where else to look to resolve this issue.

I also verified that no settings were changed with the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access or the other groups. I am still unsure what setting I am missing. I did not have the users in a group before the issue occurred, so I rather not have to add all the individual users to a group now. I would like the project boards to accept emails from the accepted domains.

Also, within the Project under the Customers tab. I have verified that it has "Anyone can raise a request in this service desk." Again, I am at a loss on what is causing it.

1 answer

0 votes

I also verified that no settings were changed with the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access or the other groups. I am still unsure what setting I am missing. I did not have the users in a group before the issue occurred, so I rather not have to add all the individual users to a group now. I would like the project boards to accept emails from the accepted domains.

Also, within the Project under the Customers tab. I have verified that it has "Anyone can raise a request in this service desk." Again, I am at a loss on what is causing it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events